Dropbox is testing a new feature to their service that allows you to automatically upload pictures and video when you connect your device to your computer.
While it is in testing, they are offering test users a huge amount of free space on their accounts going forward. You get an extra 500MB space for every 500MB you upload, up to 4.5GB.
In addition, they are offering 500MB for the first upload of a photo or video through the automatic uploader, which brings the total to 5GB.
Here’s how it works.
You can download other versions at this forum thread: Dropbox Forums
2. Install the build. If you are using XP, restart the computer after the install finishes just to be sure everything is working.
– If Autoplay is disabled on your computer, enable it now. (Guide for doing so on XP)
3. Connect your phone, camera, tablet, SD card, etc to your computer.
4. When the Autoplay dialog pops up, click on the ‘Import Pictures and Video using Dropbox’ option.
5. Let it do its thing. It will create a new folder in your dropbox called ‘Camera Uploads’ and slowly start uploading all your files on that device. If you disconnect and reconnect the device, you can go through the steps again and it will pick up where it left off.